It was a truly meaningful day on March 9, 2019 when WRPC PW worked together with the WRPC Mission, Peace, and Justice Committee to host the all-church March Mission Madness! Over 70 people actively participated in this day of service benefitting West Raleigh Presbyterian Church and other local non-profits, in addition to all who sustained the event through prayer.
Serving from home or on another day:
- Beautiful prayer cards were created listing specific ministries and people, undergirding the entire event.
- A few folks who were away for this event made the effort to serve on an alternative day.
Serving in support of others who were serving:
- Childcare ministry – Several people provided loving care for the wee-ones, while others concentrated on cleaning and organizing the nursery.
- Food ministry – We started the day together in Christian fellowship and prayer with delicious Breakfast nibbles. Johnny Flowe honored his mother, Polly, who was active in PW, by hosting and preparing a sumptuous meal for lunch. The fellowship time together at the table after sharing tasks was definitely a highlight of the day.
Serving our community and neighborhood:
- A Place at the Table: Several people worked as support staff for this pay-as-you-can restaurant.
- Habitat for Humanity: Two members of WRPC worked on a home in Raleigh.
- Family Promise: Several people worked in teams to clean one of the apartments on-site.
- Warmth for Wake: One of our members was the lead person on-site.
- Bee-loved garden: The garden was abuzz as many people worked to create paths and install multiple plants.
Serving our church:
- Card ministry: Multiple people created beautiful handmade cards for later use by the WRPC card ministry team.
- Building and Grounds: Church members served in a variety of ways, working on electrical projects, hanging blinds, cleaning pews, installing stepping stones, cleaning the basement, weeding the yard and many other assorted projects. Additionally, this event has spurred spin-off efforts moving forward.