Areas 5, 6, and 7 are warmly welcome!
September 28, 2019
West Raleigh Presbyterian Church, 27 Horne Street, Raleigh, NC
- Registration begins at 9:30 am with refreshments provided.
- Program begins at 10 a.m.
- The offering will benefit youth camperships/events.
- Lunch is on your own.
Our mission project will be monetary donations for Children’s Hope Alliance. The funds collected will be used by the staff to purchase welcome bags. These bags contain essential items they need, and every child arriving receives one when they arrive at CHA. For $50, you can provide a welcome bag for a child.
Registration deadline: September 21, 2019 (registration appreciated but not required)
Please consider carpooling. Since the WRPC parking lot is on the small size, please leave spaces for those with limited mobility. If you are able to walk roughly 4 blocks, there is a parking deck right off Hillsborough Street at 110 Dan Allan Drive which should not be full, with additional parking options listed on this LIVE it UP website. All are free on the weekends.
Listed below are a few church favorites within a few blocks or 5-minute walk.
- Jasmin & Olivz Mediterranean - 2430 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC - counter service
- Locally-owned, has a reputation as good food served fast. They blend both Greek and Lebanese (eastern Mediterranean) cuisines. Their made from scratch menu ranges from kabobs, and hummus to Greek salad, gyros, and grape leaves.
- Guasaca - 2524 Hillsborough St. – counter service
- Authentic, fresh-made Venezuelan cuisine, widely known for their arepas, you can also purchase a bowl or salad.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill - 2316 Hillsborough St – counter service
- Chipotle uses high-quality raw ingredients, classic cooking methods and distinctive interior design--features that are more frequently found in the world of fine dining.
- Mitch's - 2426 Hillsborough St - table service – (STEEP STAIRS)
- Mitch's Tavern was recently ranked 25th in the Top 50 Best College Bars in America, with hearty, gluten-free soups, gumbos, stews, and chili. Mitch's Tavern is well-known as the tavern in the 1988 Kevin Costner and Susan Sarandon movie "Bull Durham.”
- Groucho’s Deli – 10 Horne St - table service
- In 1941, Harold "Groucho" Miller came to Columbia, SC with a handful of original recipes most of which he thought up during his childhood in a Philadelphia orphanage. With the commitment to offering the highest quality products, their coveted recipes, and a fantastic customer experience, The Groucho's® Deli legend spread.
- Slice of NY Pizza - 2316 Hillsborough St - table service
- I Love NY Pizza is now Slice of NY Pizza. Don't worry, they have the same great food and the ownership has stayed the same. Enjoy outdoor seating and flat screen TVs showing all the games. Huge slices and a diverse menu will keep the whole family happy.
- Kabab and Curry - 2418 Hillsborough St - table service and buffet
- Serving some of the best Nepalese and Indian food in the City of Raleigh. The chef has over 15 years experience using authentic and fresh ingredients to serve delicious cuisine in a cozy atmosphere.
On Hillsborough Street towards downtown, you could walk another 10 minutes or so to:
- Gonza Tacos y Taquila - 2100 Hillsborough St #110 (bit more expensive) – table service
- Mexican-Colombian plates are served in a relaxed setting with eclectic décor
Walking toward downtown on Hillsborough Street will take about 25 minutes is David's Dumplings and Noodles. Parking is not directly adjacent to the restaurant, but is off the roundabout on Oberlin Road between Groveland Avenue and Hillsborough Street.
- David’s Dumpling and Noodles – 1900 Hillsborough St (bit more expensive) – table service
- Vietnamese, Chinese & Malaysian special soups & small plates